There are a couple different ways to bet on odds for football futures winning the national championship this season. The first is the traditional way by simply picking who will be declared the national champion at the end of the season. However, the second way is currently being offer by BetOnline and allows you to pick Alabama or the field i.e. every other team in NCAA college football.
Below are dates for the College Football Playoff and CFP National Championship as well as where to legally bet on odds for futures online and a breakdown of the four teams currently with the best odds to make the playoffs and win it all.
- College Football Playoff semifinal games: December 29, 2018
- 2019 CFP National Championship: January 7, 2019, at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, CA
Best Online Sportsbooks for Odds on the 2019 CFP National Championship
|50% Max $500||4.7/5||Play Now|
|50% Max $1000||4.4/5||Play Now|
|50% Max $1000||4.3/5||Play Now|
Update – Clemson Wins The 2019 College Football National Championship.
Clemson defeated the #1 ranked Alabama in the 2019 College Football National Championship. After the dominate win, Clemson turned the odds for NCAAF Championship Futures.
The game was pretty one sided as Alabama struggled to get the football in the end zone for the majority of the game.
Odds to Win the 2019 CFP National Championship
To win a future bet on the 2019 CFP National Championship, a team must:
- Be one of four teams chosen by the CFP Selection Committee following the conclusion of the conference championship games.
- The committee does not use a strict criterion when selecting the CFP teams, but since being first implemented in 2014, the committee has not allowed a two-loss team, has not allowed a non-Power Five Conference team, or required a team to win their conference to be one of the four teams selected.
- After being selected, a team must win their semifinal matchup in the College Football Playoff to advance to the national championship.
- Finally, the team plays the other winner of the semifinal game in the 2019 CFP National Championship, and the winner is crowned national champion for that season.
With all of this in mind, here is our breakdown of the odds for the current top 4 teams to make the playoffs and win the 2019 CFP National Championship.
No.1 Alabama Crimson Tide
The Crimson Tide have exploded out of the gate this season, dominating each team they’ve faced while being led by Heisman Trophy front-runner Tua Tagovailoa. It’s hard to see anyone outside LSU and Auburn slowing down Alabama this season, and even those are a bit of a stretch.
No.2 Clemson Tigers
Trevor Lawrence, the top high school quarterback recruit last year, is now the starting QB for the Tigers who have looked impressive despite a scare against Texas A&M on the road. Look for head coach Dabo Swinney to give Lawrence full control of the offense and air it out in the passing game for the rest of the season.
BetOnline: Odds to Win the 2019 CFP National Championship – Alabama vs. the Field
|Alabama Crimson Tide||
Picking against Alabama this season seems insane due to winning the national championship last season and how good they have looked at the beginning of the 2018 season. However, with this betting line you’re getting every other team in college football by picking the field, including powerhouses like Clemson, Ohio State, and Georgia who have all looked great this season.
With how unpredictable college football is, picking the field is the best bet because even though Alabama looks like the most dominated team right now, the national championship game isn’t going to be played until January 7, 2019. Way too many things (injuries, teams figuring the Tide out, etc.) can happen between now and then when picking one team against every other team in college football. While not a safe bet in the slightest, considering Alabama appears to be the easy choice to win it all, when you get this much value from the field, it makes it a lot easier to bet against the Crimson Tide.